A Passion Project is any ministry developed, facilitated, and led by you with the expressed intent of demonstrating the love of Jesus to the surrounding world.
Is there some type of pain, some sort of injustice, or a specific area of need that deeply troubles you? It may be something global, something local, or even something personal.
If the answer is “yes” AND you have a passion to see “on earth as it is in heaven” come about in this particular place of struggle, we want to hear from you.
We want to know what it is you are passionate about and potentially assist you as you bring the light of Jesus into areas of darkness.
To that end, we have created an opportunity known as “Passion Projects.”
Passion Projects are about much more than just writing a check to an organization. While there are many wonderful non-profits that could use additional financial support, we want these funds utilized to put “boots on the ground”.
It’s incredibly important that, as Jesus-followers, we are not just aware of need, but are truly in touch with it in our day to day lives.
SOME NON-SPECIFIC EXAMPLES MAY INCLUDE
- Creating a new ministry within New Point that serves those in need
- Starting a new ministry outside of New Point that engages New Point members as volunteers
- Organizing a one-time community outreach project/service opportunity
CRITERIA FOR A PASSION PROJECT
- Your project must align with the values, beliefs, and mission of New Point Church.
- Ideally, your projects would be both sustainable and scalable. A few helpful questions in evaluating this would be:
- Can your project include others?
- Can it grow in size and scope as more resources become available?
- Can it live on without you?
APPLY FOR FUNDING
Fill out the form below to apply for Passion Project Funds.
The New Point Elders will then meet to review and discuss your application. From there, we will make a determination as to whether or not we’re able to support your proposal.
We will reach out to you with our decision as well as next steps.
Note: You must be a member of New Point Church to apply for Passion Project Funds.
One or more New Point Elders can meet with you to discuss your project and assist with:
- Adding details to your plan such as: logistics, resources, timing, etc.
- Helping identify contacts or church members that may be interested in coming alongside you.
Each year, New Point’s Board of Directors sets aside 10% of the received tithes and offerings for what we call “compassion funds”. We use these dollars to support the needs of those both within our congregation as well as other local and international ministries.
How and when the money is distributed is primarily determined by our Elders and is carefully considered through prayer and subsequent discussion.
Recently, we decided that we wanted to find a way to get our church family involved in directing and utilizing these funds to advance The Kingdom of God. The result of that desire and the discussion that followed led us to create this initiative.
Download the New Point App and stay up to date with everything happening at New Point.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER